Matters India.com is an online news portal that concentrates on local news from every nook and corner of India. This news portal was started in 2013 by like minded and concerned journalists who believed in telling the stories of ordinary and voiceless Indians. Supported by an entirely voluntary team of professional journalists, this portal now wants to open up to the aam admi, ordinary people. All are invited to contribute to this unique news portal and more importantly comment on current issues or the published items.
This news portal hopes to empower you the citizen. Citizen Journalism is an act of non-professionals playing an active role in the process of collecting, reporting, analyzing and disseminating news and information. The idea of this participation is to provide independent, reliable, accurate, wide-ranging and relevant information that a multi-religious and pluralistic democratic society requires.
Matters India.com is a pioneer in promoting citizen journalism in the sector of religious news reporting in the world. If you are interested, and have a nose for news, please start writing news/reports happening in your area and send the same for publication.
Submit your news / reports to email@example.com 24/7. We will publish it if it has a news value.
- If you are a writer and wish to contribute, you can do so through the website.
- Please feel free to send in your article submissions to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read Article Submission Guidelines below and adhere to the following guidelines when submitting an article for publication. All articles are accepted purely on a honorary understanding.
- Originality:Articles submitted to Matters India must be written exclusively and must not have been previously published or submitted to any other publisher.
- Promotion:Articles must not be commercial or promotional with respect to any specific product or service. Any such references will be omitted or reworded in general terms. Doing so protects the legitimacy of your article in the eyes of our readership.
- Length:Our readers tell us they are more likely to read short, concise articles. We recommend a length of approximately 800 words, excluding reference list). Longer submissions will be returned with a request to edit down to our suggested word count or a request to split into two stand-alone articles.
- Formatting:We prefer Microsoft Word documents. Please do not send PDF files or files with embedded references. Our editorial board only considers electronic submissions.
- Credentials:Please include verifiable contact and credential information (brief biography) and a high resolution colour headshot with all submissions.
- Review Process:An in–house editorial panel reviews all articles; occasionally, an article may be sent to an outside reviewer for additional input. In general, this process takes approximately one week.
- Article Editing & Formatting: Matters India formats articles for publishing using an in-house style guide, and edit at our discretion for grammar, flow and readability. This can include changing a title to maximize reader engagement and/or accommodate space limitations. In addition, editors may perform sentence and/or paragraph edits for space. The author is contacted only when the editor has a question regarding the meaning of a particular passage, the accuracy of a statement is in question, or more information is required (missing references, etc.). Authors appreciate this attention to detail and our efforts to make the article as reader-friendly as possible.
- Copyright:While you hold the copyrights of your submissions, we will aim to protect you from those who would attempt to reprint your article without permission.
- Publishing Timeline:Matters India has a backlog of accepted articles. A newly accepted article may not immediately be published, unless it is a time-critical. We do not base placement of an article on any scheduled advertising; instances in which editorial content appears similar to an advertisement are strictly coincidental.